Lee Shore Rescue, Inc seeks $25,000 for our fire relief fund.
Lee Shore is a 501c3 nonprofit animal rescue located in Rutherfordton, NC, one of the four poorest counties in the nation. We were founded to serve those animals who are not immediately adoptable, including expectant mothers, nursing infants, and animals in need of physical, emotional, or psychological rehabilitation to prepare them for adoption. Since our founding in 2017, Lee Shore has saved hundreds of lives and supported shelters, rescues, and animal control organizations across the state.
Our mission was stalled on May 15th, 2020, when our adoption center suffered a devastating fire.
The rescue had been housed by Rutherford Pet Supply, owned by Chris and David Nelson, who had been generously leasing us the space for nearly nothing. Thankfully, no dogs or humans were harmed by the fire, but the roof of the store was left dangerously unstable, and both the store and Lee Shore have been displaced to tents and sheds on the property.
As part of the process of renovating and rebuilding, insurance will cover 80% of the cost to construct a new building that will become the new, permanent Lee Shore Rescue Adoption Center. Lee Shore President Alison Shanahan reports, “This building will be a blessing to our rescue that we could never afford for ourselves. We will be able to expand our operation and save more lives than ever before.”
80% of the funding for the new permanent Lee Shore Rescue Adoption Center is in place, and we hope to be able to move in in 2021. To cover the remaining 20%, Lee Shore is seeking funds in the amount of $25,000. We are also accepting donations in the form of goods and services from local businesses and individuals, and are in constant and desperate need of volunteers to work in the adoption center kennels. Donations can be made by clicking the Donate button above, and checks can be made out to Lee Shore Rescue, Inc. and mailed to 115 Reservation Drive, Spindale, NC 28160. Please consider taking a moment to donate and make an incalculable difference to the abused and homeless pets of Rutherford County.